2.18.2012

Dear Future Husband ...

Dear Future Husband,

How would you like to hold my hand and peer into the future with me?
15 years into our future. That puts me at 38.

38.

We are well on our way to celebrating our silver anniversary, 25 years of marriage together. How exciting? We'll be taking that trip to Tahiti soon as a celebration.

Just the two of us.


That brings me to our children. Our beautiful, stunning, adorable "three to four children." I love how the boys have that same spark for adventure in their eyes as you do. They look up to you as their Superman, and you have never given them a reason not to. I love how our daughters get so excited to see you after you've come off a long night at work. You'll always have their hearts, and mine.

Superman.


Our home is a safe place, a refuge from the negative influences of the world. I love how we've established a home where you can feel an overwhelming peace when you walk through the door. Those pictures of our wedding still hang on the wall. I love how we have pictures of temples, and how those are a focus in our home. I love how despite the craziness of raising our children, work, callings, service and chores we gather at the dinner table to reunite as a family. I love how you've set the most spectacular example of a priesthood holder for the kids ... and for me.

A refuge.


I love how after the kids are tucked into bed with their night lights blaring we can lay down together and have pillow talk. Even after all these years of marriage you still intrigue me. I love how our relationship has changed positively, how we've grown together and learned. How you're still the most handsome man I've ever seen, and how you still make me feel glamorous. We're still in love like we were early in our relationship.

You still intrigue me.


Thank you for supporting me through my darkest times these past years. You've seen me at my worst and yet still managed to pull me back into light. Thank you for never giving up on me and working hard to support our family. Thank you for never forgetting your integrity. After all these years the first thing you do when you see me is give me a kiss.

Integrity.


15 years into our future looks bright and promising. I know we'll have to work at it but I'm willing if you are.

I love you future husband and in 15 years I can't wait to see what the next 15 will bring us.

Love,

Your future wife Hailey



No comments:

Post a Comment