6.06.2012

An Engagement Story

Friends, Family and the like ...

As you have hopefully heard by now I am officially the fiancee of Chad Spencer.  
*super huge smiley face*
I've never felt so happy, excited and blessed in my entire life. 
Chad is the man of my dreams and so much more, I can't wait to be Mrs. Spencer.
I've had many requests of how he popped the question. So for my Hump Day Happiness post I thought I would share. 

Happy Story:
We were celebrating our 7 month anniversary that day. He came to pick me up at my apartment with a dozen roses and two boxes of Waffle Crisps. (My absolute most favorite cereal that is only sold at Harmons.) He looked completely stunning as always. We walk to his car and what did he have inside? Watermelon Arizona's!!! (My most favorite drink ever). We started drinking (the AZ's) driving and talking, and before I realize what's going on we're on the freeway. I asked him where we were going and he said, "It's a surprise!" Then we pull up to the Cheesecake factory. Neither of us have been before but it was DELISH!!! He seemed a bit antsy but I just figured it was because he was excited. We got a slice of cheesecake with strawberries, yuuuum.
 
After that we went to get a second dessert (does Chad know me or what?) in SLC at this place from Man vs Food. It was a waffle house and we got a vanilla waffle with whipped cream and strawberries. Yuuuuum.
 
Then we drove to Sundance where they have this "full moon" lift ride where you ride the lift and you can see the full moon. We rode it once as the sun was setting and it was super romantic. Then Chad asked if I wanted to ride it again now that it was dark. I thought about it and decided we should! So we hopped on, all bundled up in our coats and his blanket. The stars were beaming and at first I thought, "where's the moon? It's a full moon lift ... right?" Then we went over this ridge and it was right there! 
 
It was SO HUGE and bright and totally romantic. We just talked about our future, funny things and the like. Then he said he was really tired, "Are you ready to go home?" " Me, "yeah totally." We get into his car but instead of turning down the canyon to go home he turned and drove up the canyon more. I was a bit confused when he said, "we have to light off a lantern." (our thing) So we got to our usual "lantern lighting spot" and we had some troubles ...

I was getting the flashlight and lighter while he was getting the lantern (annnnd my ring!) We got out and the stupid lantern wouldn't light! It took us like 5 minutes to light and when it did ... it ran into some power lines and dropped ... hoovered for a moment and then went back into the air. Haha. Chad thought we were going to start a fire. All in that process we scared some horses and they got really close to us and I thought they were going to attack us, so I tried to pull Chad back towards the car but he kept saying, "Hailey Nickell I love you so much." 
 
Then things kind of clicked and I said, "Chad Spencer if you're faking me out right now .." (I only said that because he told me to plan on one fake proposal before the real deal.) But he got down on one knee and said a bunch of stuff I can't really remember because I was IN SHOCK and bawling. But I do remember some things he said, and the way I felt. I felt complete joy and thought that I could die there because I was so happy. When he asked if I'd marry him I could only nod my head because I was legitly SPEECHLESS. Haha. So he asked again and I said "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!" 

It was perfect and I was so happy and am so happy and it's sooo weird. I feel like I'm in a dream and this is all surreal. We called our parents and everyone's super excited.

September 20, 2012 - Timp temple. :)))

Happy Photo: 
Happy New Sparkly Piece of Jewelry: (This is my OhMyGosh is this legit face)




1 comment:

  1. I love this. I'm so excited for you. I wish I had known you were engaged when we ran into each other at the store the other day. Congrats love!

    ReplyDelete