8.19.2011

Deep concert thinking




This week has been exciting, fun and I've had to come to some harsh realities. On Wednesday I went to the 311/Sublime concert with my friend ... Chet ...  

 
 It was one of the most fun concerts I've ever been to. It was so fun that while driving home Chet and I were feeling a "post-concert-depression." Chet said, "it's like Christmas morning come and gone," very well spoken. 

We got to watch a girl in front of us dance in her Ecstasy ways ... we saw a three-year-old rocking out with his beer-drinking mom and dad ... Chet helped get me out of the way when some guy was walking by whose face was bloodied and beaten. You're probably thinking, "wow Hailey positive experience." Don't judge. It was so much fun, and it really hit me that I had the time of my life while I was not drunk or high ... that I can still have tons of fun just doing what I love with people I care about. 
Something else I learned in a crazy-only-Hailey-could-connect-these-dots-way. Sublime has a new lead singer Rome (obviously, Brad Nowell overdosed a while ago). While they were playing it sounded just like the original Brad was singing ... if not even better! I thought, "whoa this new guy Rome is really good." (Here's the round-about connection) I see now that life happens, things change, situations and circumstances come up, lead singers die. With all that something new will come along. Many times I've been afraid of "new-ness" because it brings along "unknowing." However with the new lead singer Rome being possibly better then Brad I realized, "sometimes 'new-ness' is just as good, if not better than what was going on before." Yes it is scary, but life is too short to be too afraid to act on what you want. Who knows you may end up with something better than the original ... or at least you'll have a great time at a concert.


RIP Bradley Nowell 1968-1996

No comments:

Post a Comment