8.28.2011

Vooray

While this week was one of the most difficult weeks of my life, I'm glad it's under my belt and that I still had a great weekend.

When I went into work on Thursday I got an intense craving for chocolate soft serve ice cream from Macey's. It was a craving that overpowered all other thoughts as I sat there in the front office watching the clock tick-tock. Finally 5 o'clock rolled around and I happily clocked out and made my way across campus to my car. All with the hope of getting chocolate soft serve ice cream from Macey's. I called my mom to let her know what I was doing when she said, "oh I want some as well. Can you wait until tonight?" As much as I wanted to deny her request I thought again and said, "ok." I decided to go to the gym to take my mind off of my chocolate desire. This craving was now becoming an obsession as every turn on the elliptical machine my thoughts were, "I'm so close to Macey's ... I should just go get my ice cream ..." I overcame that temptation however and made it home where my parents were waiting to go get ice cream ... so off we went. I was blissfully unaware that Macey's soft serve chocolate ice cream wasn't an option! They only had vanilla. Vanilla! My heart sank. With a deep, long, obviously upset sigh I opted for Vanilla.



I may or may not have had them pour chocolate syrup on my vanilla ice cream.

Then yesterday friend Jake P. and I drove the 2 hours up to Paradise Utah for a Vooray event. It was a massive waterside with an 8 ft. ramp at the end. The "riders" were put unto a tube or raft. That tube was then pulled by a 4-wheeler with a bungee cord. The tube and it's rider were launched into the air landing in water. Here is Mike W. going off the slip-n-slide.




All in all it was a great day and what I needed before classes start tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the vid. it's fun to see the crazy things we do. All in all yesterday was paradise in Paradise!

    ReplyDelete