4.03.2012

Timing is everything

All summer and fall up until October 16, 2011 - I went on date after date after date after date ...
The nerd.
The jock.
The hipster.
The friend.
The desperate.
The self absorbed.
The guy who's never going anywhere.
The nice guy.
The politician.
The bad guy.
The outdoorsy guy.

The list wouldn't end. 
I remember coming home from my mission and thinking, "OK, I will be engaged by December and married by May." 
*buzzer sound*
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I was wrong about that.
I remember praying time and time again.
"Come on, please let me find someone who I actually want to be with."

But I felt that my prayers were in vain - as not one guy measured up to my standards.
That is until 5 months later ... in October.

October 16, 2011 - first date with him

Harry was getting ready to leave for his mission.
October 23, 2011
"I really just want a boyfriend to hold my hand at his farewell when I'm bawling."
I sat next to my parents, kleenex in one hand, the other held in a fist.

At this point I had come to terms that I was never going to find the one.
October 24, 2011
Text - "Hey if you need a distraction when Harry leaves let me know."

I wasn't planning on using you as my distraction.

October 26, 2011
* tear *
* sniffle *
* sob *
* bawling *
* sniffle *

Text - "I could use a distraction if the offer still stands ..."
It did.
And we went out ... again.

November 3, 2011
Official.

November 4, 2011
First absolutely perfect kiss

Timing truly is everything.
Someone higher and more powerful knew that I needed to go through those previous boys like Paris Hilton goes through credit cards, so I would recognize him when he came into my life.

Someone higher and more powerful also knew that the timing he came into my life was perfect.

April 3, 2011
Five months

You
I don't think I'll ever be able to express how gracefully you wandered into my existence.
You don't know it, but I went to you when I lost my best friend, seeking comfort - and even though you didn't know of my intentions you delivered.
You took the sting out of Harry leaving and helped me be excited for life.
I truly, honestly can't describe or explain in thoughts, words, motions or ideas how you coming into my life, at the time you did, was perfect.

Timing is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment