9.18.2011

My prayers that God forgot

I was thinking today about the countless conversations I've had with God. 
There has been joy, tears, physical pain, spiritual exhaustion and smiles.
I was thinking how God answers prayers in His own way and timing
He always answers us, even when it seems like he forgot a few prayers. 

Here are some of my prayers that God "forgot" and how grateful I am He "forgot" them.

Prayer 1: "Don't make me go to private high school!" He "forgot" and I was transferred to a private academy Meridian. Outcome: I made life-long friendships, I played varsity basketball, I was in the school's musicals, I competed at the Shakespearean Festival, went on a cruise to Mexico, laughed on a daily basis, learned how to be a "good" writer, had a personal friendship with all 20 students in my graduating class, I had the best times of my life.

Prayer 2: "Don't let me get accepted to BYU so I can go to an easy University and coast by." He "forgot" and I was accepted not only to BYU but into the Public Relations program. Outcome: I've learned to push myself, I've learned how to be a good student, I've seen how much potential I really do have, I've made amazing friends and associations, I studied abroad in the South Pacific, I came back to the church (LDS), my parents are proud of me, I've found new passions, I find myself thinking about twice a week, "I'm so proud to be a Cougar!"

Prayer 3: "Let me get married instead of serving a mission!" He "forgot" and I was called to serve a mission in Londrina, Brasil. Outcome: I became Sister Nickell, I learned Portuguese, I served the Lord 24/7, my testimony grew daily, I developed an intimate personal relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, I learned I'm a lot stronger than I thought I'd ever be, I learned how to be a leader, I truly felt the Atonement change my life, my family was blessed daily at home, I truly and honestly felt a little piece of Heaven many times, I learned how to accept God's will in my life and let Him take control.

Prayer 4: "Please let Boy X realize he's in love with me and make me his girlfriend!" He "forgot" and boy x did't become my boyfriend. Outcome: I've been on many dates with many different guys, I've become better friends with said guys, I've done activities I couldn't do with a boyfriend, I've enjoyed many free meals and activities, I've seen that boy x wouldn't have been right for me and what I really want and need in a significant other, I've developed more as an individual.

Prayer 5: "Please help my health and knee to recover ASAP!" He "forgot" and it's been a long painful recovery. Outcome: I've learned to be patient with myself, I've learned to ask for help when I really need it, I have more appreciation for doctors and physical therapists, I've made friendships with many amazing people, I've helped people with connections and potentially gaining experience for their dream job, I've realized I have so much more to learn before I can be "God-like."

God's answers are wiser than our prayers. –Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment