6.16.2011

Be Still My Soul

I have a confession. 
Something I'm not proud of. 
Ever since returning home from my mission I have been self-involved, worldly, bratty and selfish. Something I never wanted to be, especially after serving the Lord with all my heart and soul. I'd like to blame the attitude on the horrible circumstances in which I left Brasil (incredibly sick, almost dying) ... but I can't honestly do that. 
No one can make you act in any way, you are responsible for you

I was here today ...

I received personal revelation, and the peace that filled my heart was indescribable. 

I now know what kind of RM I need to be. 
I am now the RM I want to be.
For everyone, "Hi, I'm Hailey Nickell, nice to meet you."
Because now I'm different, now I'm better
A public apology for anyone and everyone I may have offended, or done wrong to in this past month ... I'm sorry and please give me a second chance ... I'll make it worth your while. ^___^

I read this talk today ... Guided by the Holy Spirit
It was inspirational to say the least. I was filled with the spirit and understanding as I read.
Here are a few of my favorite parts:

"have they not read the scriptures, which say ye must take upon you the name of Christ? ... call the church in my name."
"We talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."
"It is by the power of revelation and the gift of the Holy Ghost that those called are guided to know the Lord's will."
"This is the purpose of mortal life- to be tested."
"If someone is looking for a church that requires very little, this is not the one."
"The only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth."

Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav'nly Friend
Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

No comments:

Post a Comment