6.01.2011

New Goal: Success/Failure

Books
I was thinking about how I need to read a good great book then I remembered this weekend Matt H. was telling me about a book called The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury. I decided to go for it, so here is my library adventure!
I blissfully went into the Orem Library ...

The first thing I needed to do was find The Illustrated Man ... I didn't have my GPS on me so I went over to a computer and searched for The Illustrated Man ... but to my dismay EVERY copy was checked out! That didn't stop me though ...

I went down to the Ray Bradbury section and looked around for another title ... something that spoke my name. That book ended up being Something Wicked This Way Comes ...

I decided to go in search of a long lost love of mine ... I passed the outside of the Library walking to the children section ...


 On my way I ran into this stunning mural ...


Then I found a puppet stage! I excitedly waited for a show ... 30 minutes later I saw the sign that said, "Showtimes everyday 1pm" ... my iPhone told me it was 4pm ...

Then I found my love, a book titled King Bidgood's in the Bathtub ... I enjoyed it just as much as I did when I was little ... 

 I decided I would check out BOTH books to satisfy my literary needs ...


 While at the check out I also put a hold on The Illustrated Man so I will be able to enjoy it soon ...


On my way out I saw a pirate boat that was built from children's imaginations ...



That was my library adventure. The first goal: find, check out and read The Illustrated Man. The ultimate result: Re-lived a childhood memory, and got an exciting new book to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment