6.02.2011

The Spirit of God

I awoke this morning with my throat on fire and my nose all runny, smiling nonetheless. I did my daily scripture study and there were two talks that really touched me and I want everyone to have the opportunity to be spiritually enriched today by reading them.

The First is one of my all time favorite talks by President Henry B. Eyring, titled O Ye That Embark. This is a talk about the Priesthood and I dedicate it to all my guy friends. Thank you for serving faithful two year missions, thank you for blessing and passing the sacrament, thank you for opening the lady's doors, thank you for giving service, thank you for upholding the kingdom here on earth. This talk is especially impressive as it talks about how holding the priesthood is VERY difficult and how you young men will be stretched to your limit. But when you do what the Lord wants you to do, He will provide you with what you need to keep pushing forward.  http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,49-1-947-19,00.html

The Second is a recent conference talk by Richard G. Scott titled The Eternal Blessings of Marriage. Ok BEFORE you roll your eyes you have to read this talk. It is simply beautiful. Elder Scott talks so tenderly and lovingly about his deceased wife, and you can just feel it in his words that he loves her so. As I was reading this talk I just kept thinking, "that is what I want." I want to be the wife that some husband loves and adores so much. I want to be the wife that can help my husband in any aspect. I want to be the wife that even as I pass on my husband can smile at our memories and be excitedly look forward to being re-united with me. Now here's a paragraph that just made me laugh ... I'm sorry guys I'm not trying to "burn" you at all, I just love what Richard G. Scott said :
"If you are a young man of appropriate age and are not married, don’t waste time in idle pursuits. Get on with life and focus on getting married. Don’t just coast through this period of life. Young men, serve a worthy mission. Then make your highest priority finding a worthy, eternal companion. When you find you are developing an interest in a young woman, show her that you are an exceptional person that she would find interesting to know better. Take her to places that are worthwhile. Show some ingenuity. If you want to have a wonderful wife, you need to have her see you as a wonderful man and prospective husband." http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/04/the-eternal-blessings-of-marriage?lang=eng

It would be worth while to read these two spectacular talks! I would love to hear any insights you have about these two talks. I love hearing about what you think, feel and understand about anything church-y.
Com todo amor no coração
 

No comments:

Post a Comment