6.12.2011

New additions to the TOMS family

Saturday June 11, 2011 I received quite a spectacular brown box on my doorstep. At about 2 and a half feet tall, and 2 feet wide stood that immaculate box. I carried the box ooooh so delicately to my bedroom where I sat cross legged on my floor. I precisely cut one slit on both sides of the tape on the top of the brown box. I opened the first flap ... then the second ... third ... and forth. My eyes lit up when I saw the two smaller boxes inside, each labeled TOMS. With a huge smile I pulled out the first beautiful TOMS box. I quietly opened the lid revealing the treasure inside. A brand spanking new pair of dusty-rose-pink TOMS. They were gleaming in my poor bedroom light. They were accompanied with a TOMS shoe bag/flag and a TOMS bumper sticker. I left them in the box and went for the second TOMS box. I pulled it out with the same precision as the first. Lifted the lid, a bit more eagerly this time ... revealing my new pair of black and white-heel striped TOMS. They smiled at me from inside that box. My heart soared as I realized that not only do I now have new additions to my TOMS family, but I also helped two people's lives. Two people in some far outstretching country where they don't have shoes. It was an almost spiritual experience, yes it sounds like a bit much, but when it comes to my TT's (trusty TOMS) it has always been love between the two of us.





1 comment:

  1. * Summer Goal: Buy a new pair of TOMS shoes, doubly completed!!!

    ReplyDelete