6.06.2011

Eh why not?!

This past weekend I made a very spur of the moment decision and headed up to Wyoming with friend Matt H. With a bag full of completely unnecessary things, my trusty TOMS and a RedBull at my side I drove to Idaho the first stretch of the adventure.


I made a pit stop to get some gas and puffy cheetos ... made it to Rexburg! I got a tour of BYU-I then we went to a dainty one-woman ran restaurant. She beamed when she saw Matt H. walk in, apparently he hadn't been in to eat a burger in at least a few days. She was great fun with a witty personality and made a scale 10 burger!

Onward to Wyoming ... it was a short 1 hour drive full of beautiful scenery and scenery-matching music.
I noticed a sign of one of the roads "Jim Hoffman Road" ... then another "Hoffman" road. 
Matt H. told me about how his family once owned most of the land we were looking at and how the government took it all away. 
Cute cabin.
Met a really nice old man who cut the grass in the front yard of the cabin. 

On my list of Summer Goals I have the two following: 1-Make s'mores, 2- Stay up until 6am doing ... anything. That night I checked them BOTH off!

I throughly enjoyed watching as a fire was made with Yellow Pages, and freshly axed wood ... it was a teepee fire. Made delicious s'mores and learned that there really is a trick to melting the chocolate with the marshmallow ... it takes talent to make a GREAT s'more ... something we accomplished. 
I also created and checked off a new goal *see a shooting star and make a wish ... I patiently looked at the sky until I saw my lucky falling star ...

... picked out 4 movies to watch until 6 am: A Bug's Life, Volcano, Airplane and Tommy Boy ...
The last hour was the hardest and I thought 6 am would never come ... then it did.

Saturday made an epic search for square ice cream! It was in another state (Idaho) but well worth the drive. I got delicious "Birthday Cake" flavor. 



At this point my body was screaming that it hated me and hated the fact that the previous night I had stayed up until 6am ... went driving around town ... yes that IS an alligator crossing the road ...

That night my nose starting running like it was training for the Olympics and my head was pounding as if I just got back from a DJ Matt Hoffman dance party. A Goofy Movie and half of Godzilla was all I could take until I passed out.

Good Morning headache, runny nose, sore throat, but still all smiles ...
Orignal plan: Go to 1:30 pm church ... revised plan: drive home to Utah and try not to die. 

I gulped my RedBull and turned on Mars Volta in Spanish to keep me from drifting off the road. Made it home, showered and went to bed while it was still light outside.

All in all this weekend was a HUGE SUCCESS! I had a FANTASTIC time and I'm glad I made a very "unlike Libra" thing and spur of the moment ran to Wyoming. 
Now I'm currently recovering from the awesome-ness ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment